Thursday, February 17, 2005

Life in the USA

In a way, this is true, I guess. Life in the United States is very controlled. We don't really realize this, although my neighbors aren't quite like the Russian in the quote says American neighbors are. I found this description interesting, though, because of the perspective.
I don't feel like people are watching my every move. He claims that most Americans don't go anywhere except "safe" places - in a way that's true, but in a way it's because we Americans are so self-centered. We don't care about what's going on outside the United States, and so we don't travel outside our own country as often as some people travel outside of theirs.
But I thought I'd post this, because everyone needs to see life from a different perspective every once in awhile...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares