Sunday, February 06, 2005

Of Mice and Men

I have a tendency to be timid sometimes. I don't like to make people upset, so sometimes I won't disagree with them for fear of causing an argument. But you know what? That's no way to live. I was slowly giving up who I was. And let me tell you, that's bad. You start to forget who you were, and you start to wonder how you fit into the world. And gradually you lose who you are, until somewhere down the line (if you're lucky) someone or something comes along and says, "Hey! WAKE UP!"
And then you spend precious time trying to figure out how to get back to where you started and where you belong.
Stand up for what you believe in! Stand up for who you are! And most importantly, stand up because you firmly believe that what you stand for is important, and who you are would be missed.
Stand up, because you're worth it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl! It's hard to stand up for yourself and what you believe in....but once you do, it feels very good. It's like you finally feel like people are seeing the real you. I'm happy for you.

Rory

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares