Friday, July 22, 2005

I'm Not a Violent Person... Honest!

I had to post that quote here, because it had me laughing for quite awhile. I will assure you, though, it's not as bad as it sounds.
See, the dorm I'm staying in has an ant problem. Facilities was supposed to spray to keep them out, but they haven't done it yet and so there are ants swarming everywhere. They ate the last piece of the cake I made for work (although, granted, I probably should have put it in the refrigerator or something), they swarmed my desk, they started trying to eat me. I've got small bite marks all up my arm.
Now I can survive if they eat my cake. I'll even survive if they swarm my desk. But if something bites me, that something will die. So I went on an ant killing spree. Only the ones on my desk, though, that got too close. If they left me alone, I left them alone.

Isn't it funny how circumstances can turn even the most laid-back person into someone scary. Sometimes it's just a really bad day, or sometimes it's a sore spot, or sometimes it's a pressure escape. We all do things out of character.
I guess the trick is to pick the times when it doesn't matter as much. Pick the less damaging ways to relieve stress. If I'm mad at people I don't kill them, I just write poetry because it makes me feel better.

And as far as the ants are concerned, they're still swarming my desk. They're just not trying to eat me anymore...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares