Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My Fringe Stage

I don't like agreeing with the majority, unless I really do agree. With today's society, if everyone else thinks it's a good idea, chances are it isn't. At least, not the right answer for me. I'm different than all of them. To be honest, sometimes I don't even agree with myself! =)
If "everyone is doing it," you might want to take a look at exactly what that phrase means. To me, it means "people who want to fit in at the risk of their happiness and sanity and free will are doing it, because they're insecure and just want to fit in." Maybe I'm being too harsh, and I will admit it isn't always that way, but too often it is. Too often it just means that people are way too willing to surrender their opinions, preferences, and their very soul to "go with the flow."

If I have to agree with the majority, I want to know that I really do agree, not that I'm just "going along with it." I'm funny like that.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been known to do that; mistrust and favor the opposition just because they are. It might be healthy, but if I end up with the majority then there's probably a good reason.

Sometimes because it's just plain too hard to go your own way, but you have to choose your battles.

Peter Cahill

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares