Saturday, July 16, 2005

My Millions

I used to think it would be great to be rich. I could have all the cool technological gadgets I wanted and I wouldn't have to pay for going to college. I could be myself and not worry about running out of the money I'd need to do what I want to do...

But you know what? My Millions aren't counted in money. They're counted in smiles, and snapshots in time. The good moments spent with friends and the calming moments admiring the patterns of the dew in a spider's web. They're the exciting moments of holding a Python for the first time or realizing dreams or learning something new. They're my family and friends, my achievements and those little smiles you can bring to someone's face just by treating them like a person.
That's where my treasure is, and that's where my Millions are.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares