Saturday, August 21, 2004

It's MY Life...

Sometimes it's so hard to survive at home. I love my family, don't get me wrong there. Yet sometimes I feel so smothered there, sometimes I feel like I'm not allowed to be my own person, I have to be the person my family expects me to be. Sometimes they're the same goal -- that's when life is good. Many times they're not the same goals and dreams, and that's where I run into trouble. Sometimes I just wish I was free to live my own life the way I want to. Advice is fine, lectures are not.
I just want to be my own person. Is that too much to ask? I just want to be me.
In a world where the media tells you who you "should be," and your family tells you who they want you to be, and your friends and aquaintances and everyone else seem to pull you in all sorts of different directions, it's really hard to find the little voice inside that tells you who you really want to be. It's hard, if not impossible.
I want to listen to that inner voice. I want to be the Captain of my Fate, the Master of my Soul. I just want to be me.
Why do so many people want to prevent me? Why do I feel so bogged down sometimes? I just want to breathe, I want to relax, and I just want to be me. Whether they want me to or not.
Whatever happens, I'm going to be me. You can't stop me. You can try, and it might work for isolated lengths of time, but you can't hold me down forever. One of these days, sooner or later, I'm going to fly.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares