Sunday, November 21, 2004

Struggling

Life is a struggle. No one ever said it was easy. Life doesn't come with an instruction manual, either -- you have to figure it out on your own, and hope you have good friends and family members to get advice from. There's a lot of luck involved in living -- where you're born, who you're related to, whether you have access to good or bad advice and / or examples.
Life is a struggle. You have to work hard at it to get where you're going. You have to contantly fight gravity to climb where you want to be.
And if you give up, you fall. You slip back. If you stop trying the same thing happens. There is no point where you can sit back and say, "Alright, I'm in good shape, I can slack off now." Not in real life. Not a chance.
Yet maybe that's part of what makes life worth living? If it were easy, where would be the challenge? The sense of adventure? Nowhere, really. There wouldn't be any. And while that might be nice for awhile, it would certainly get boring rather quickly.
So I guess the fact that life isn't easy is what makes it worth living. It's the fact that life is a struggle that makes it all worthwhile. What would life be without a sense of accomplishment after managing a difficult task? What would Victory feel like without Defeat? If everything was perfect, would we really notice, or would we just get bored?

That's what I'm trying to tell myself anyway. I've worked hard to get where I am. I won't give up without a struggle. I don't want to give up. I want to succeed. It's hard, but to start over would be harder, so I guess I take what I've got and try to use that to tackle the rest.
So here I go!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares