Friday, November 19, 2004

There Will Be Time

I like this part of the poem. On the one had it definitely catches the indecision and sense of uselessness I frequently feel, about how there will always be time for someone to come and change what you do anyway. On the other hand it seems to say that there will always be time for anything, and while I don't have a lot of time nowadays somehow I still manage to have enough time for things to get done in. Somehow.
Things will take as much time as you give them. If you let work consume your life, it will. If you set aside time where you refuse to do work but rather spend time with your family or just relaxing, the work will still get done. It might not be as high a quality, but nothing in the world is perfect anyway so what's the point of aiming that high? Do the best you can in the time you have available, and let your life fill up the rest.

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
I love the last minute, because sometimes that's the only time I can motivate myself to actually get stuff done.

If you do it at the last minute... it only takes a minute.
Doesn't mean it'll be the best quality, but it'll be done, and you'll have time for other things.

This poem is a reminder to me. The more I get caught up in what I think I can't do the less I'll get done. The more I focus on the lack of time I have, the less time I'll actually have to live. Pick your battles. Pick what's important, and don't stress about the rest. If you spend your entire life trying to advance your career and make money so you can enjoy your life, when are you going to actually find the time to enjoy it in? Don't put off living until you're retired, there's so much that can be done now.
Slow down.
Breathe deep.

And indeed there will be time

It'll get done. There will be time. So take the time to actually live your life, because that's what you'll remember years down the road. Take the time, make the time, live your life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares