Monday, December 06, 2004

My Friends

I would be nothing without my friends. Friendship - true Friendship - is one of the greatest treasures a person can have. A true friend is there when you need them, and there when you don't. True friends enjoy spending time with you, and the activity of the evening isn't nearly so important as the company. True friends can sit in perfect silence and not feel intimidated or at a loss for words. Good friends don't need words, if they don't want to use them. They can just tell how the other person is feeling, and whether they just need company or a shoulder to cry on or a supporting hand in tough times. Friends do their best to help, even if you don't feel they are helping at all.
Friendship is frequently overlooked in today's society, in the quest to get ahead in life. I will confess I am guilty of this, too. How often have a neglected my friends, arguing instead that I have work I have to do? Work won't be there for you when you're sad, work won't celebrate with you when you're glad, work is no substitute for someone who actually cares.
Don't take your friends for advantage, or someday they may decide their attention is best spent elsewhere. Love your friends, and give them your time, your ear, your shoulder, your company. You won't regret it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares