Sunday, December 12, 2004

Worry Wart

I worry all the time. I can't help it. What if I can't do it? What if nobody realizes how hard I am trying? What if I'm not supposed to be here at all? What if? What if? What if?
Something I have realized is that worrying doesn't really do anything. It doesn't accomplish anything. When all is said and done, all that's left is wasted time. Worrying about things is a waste of time. Worry doesn't accomplish anything, it just keeps anyone from doing something worthwhile with the time they've got. It doesn't prevent anything or help anything to happen. It just is. It's worry. Useless. It doesn't even make you feel better, it only manages to pull apart any hope you once had. And it steals your time.
Time is a precious commodity. And to waste it on something as useless as worrying... well, it's just not worthwhile. It's a sad, misguided waste of time. And that's all. A useless waste of time.
And yet I still worry. No matter how much I tell myself, I still worry. What if I'm wrong? What if it doesn't work out? What if nothing works out, and nothing I do makes a difference? What if? What if? What if?
What if I stopped worrying and actually tried to accomplish something? Oh the possibilities.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares