Thursday, July 07, 2005

Against all Reality...

I don't like reality. It crimps my style.

Life would be so much easier if I didn't have to worry about reality, or the impossible, or what I was allowed to do and what I was not allowed to do. I prefer to set my own course in life, to find my path against all odds and completely at odds with popular society.
Reality today seems to mean "whatever the pop culture says things should be like." I disagree with that. My reality is what I make of it. It is my own to live as I see fit, and as I grow and learn I will adapt my definition of reality to fit my experiences and beliefs.
Reality, in reality, is what you make of life. You have to use it to your advantage, live your life against the odds, morph your experiences and goals to fit your definition. It doesn't mean you can live in your own little world that doesn't agree with the facts you've discovered in life (although I have been known to do that, too, upon occasion). It means you need to trust in yourself and your own abilities, never take "no, it can't be done" as an answer, and stick to your guns until you accomplish your goal. It means you have to make your own "should do's" instead of using those society tries to force upon others.

It means you have to take what you see in life, and accept that as reality, instead of blindly following what others say is the true reality. You have to see your own way through life, trust your own abilities, and find your own calling.
You need to be you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares