Saturday, July 02, 2005

Take a Nap

I wish there was a point when I could just go and take a nap with the knowledge of a job well done. Unfortunately the world keeps spinning beneath me and there's no way I can make it pause long enough for me to rest on my laurels so it's up and at 'em again. Doing your best can get rather tiring sometimes, I guess.
But you know what? It's easier to live with myself, the more I try to do the right thing. The harder I try to live by my own morals and do the best I can to do the right thing, the easier it is to go to bed at night. Easier of course meaning "with a good conscience," not "finding time to go to bed." No, the harder I try the less time I have to sleep, but such is success I suppose. You can applaud yourself for a job well done, but you can never escape the effort if you want to do well.
There's always something.

But you know what? That's what keeps life interesting. There's always something.
Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go to bed. =)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares