Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Truthfulness

I'll confess I've done my fair share of lying. It's a habit I'm trying to break, but I haven't succeeded in breaking it yet. There's always this fear, this "they won't like me anymore," this "but then I'll get in trouble," this "but that's so boring, I'll have to spice it up a bit."
But you know what I've discovered? It's easier to live with yourself when you tell the truth. Instead of having two regrets you only have one, or sometimes even none! Instead of beating yourself up for lying you can feel proud of yourself for telling the truth.

It's a whole lot easier to go to bed at night, and a whole lot easier to live with yourself the next morning.

I enjoy living life, I want to drain it dry of opportunities, I want to learn everything (which should keep me busy for awhile...), and I want to live with no regrets.
When you tell the truth you have more life to live and less to regret, more to enjoy and less to remember. I'd rather remember what I've really done than try to keep tabs on what I haven't done, but just made up.
Of course, that's just my personal opinion. Don't take my word for it, go try it! =)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares