Thursday, August 25, 2005

Life's Simple Pleasures

I rather like the simple joys of life, the ones that don't really matter in the huge scheme of things but certainly make things more bearable in the immediate present. What's the point of looking ahead all the time if it makes you depressed? That's no fun, no fun at all.
So stop and smell the flowers every once in awhile. Tiptoe through the tulips (after checking that whoever's tulips they are won't get mad at you of course). Admire the morning dew on a spiderweb or the smile of a friend or the little pleasures of life that actually make it interesting.
Everyone nowadays seems so intent on getting from point A to point B, they don't stop and think about what's sitting in the middle. Which is rather sad, if you think about it, because they're looking to the future and missing life in the process.
So what if you take the scenic route and don't get there as soon as you like - you'll have some good memories! Take it from me, I have a tendancy to sometimes get caught up "in the fast track". I can't sit still, I can't relax, I have to be doing something in order to feel like my life has a purpose.
But you know what I've discovered? My life does have a purpose... and part of that is actually enjoying the time I've got here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares