Thursday, August 26, 2004

Bushwacking

I don't remember where that quote is from, but I've always liked it. I don't like following set paths, I like to go my own way. I like to be different. I suppose you could say that I cause trouble for the set establishment. I never really liked to do things "the right way" unless I came to my own conclusion that it was "the right way" to do things. I don't like jumping to solutions just because "this worked before," although goodness knows I've done it often enough.
I just like to be different. I don't want to let anyone else be just like me, because them I'm just following what some part of society says I should be. I will listen to advice, I will weigh my options, then I'll pick a choice and go. That's the way I am.
And don't try to tell me that's the path to go on. I know a shortcut...



...Okay, so it ended up taking a lot longer that way. But didn't you learn a lot? And now I know what not to do!
Everyone makes mistakes. I just prefer to make my own instead of repeating someone else's. Maybe I'm just funny like that. Whatever the reason, I just want to be me. And whatever it takes, I will be me, if it's the last thing I do. Or the only thing.
Because goodness knows I won't let you box me in. I won't go down that path just because you tell me to. I'll go if I want to see what's on the other side. But even then, sometimes I'll cut under the trees and through the grass (What do you mean, 'Keep off grass'?) and mosey around in the wildflowers for awhile before I get there. Because life is more interesting when you take time to smell the roses. (Especially if there happens to be a bee in them. Or an interesting insect to stick in a jar.)
I'm just me. Don't try to figure me out, just don't stand between me and that unmowed field over there...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares