Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Time Thread

Sometimes I wonder if I am living up to my potential. Am I doing the right thing? Am I the person I want to be? Am I waiting the time given me to live my life?
I like to be busy, I like to do things, sometimes I even like to be in the middle of things. But is being busy the right thing to do? Don't I need some time to myself? Am I living my life facing forwards or backwards? Am I dwelling too much on "the good old days" and "the way things used to be" that I'm missing today? If there's one thing I don't want to miss, it's life as it tries to pass me by. I want to grab each piece and live it, I want to suck the marrow out of life, I want to be me and be free and just live.
It's just that sometimes I start wondering if maybe I'm not really living. Or maybe I'm trying too hard. Or not hard enough.
It's hard to know exactly how to live your life.

I want to hear the music,
I don't want to miss my chance.
I want to dream and hope and love,
I want to join the dance.
I want to search for happiness,
I want to find my place.
I want to know the truth of life,
I want to run the race.
I want to do a lot of things
Before my time is done,
But mostly I just want to live,
And laugh, and have some fun.
I want to be who I will be
And find my niche, my role.
I want to see what I can do,
I want to reach my goal.
I want to do what I can do
And see what I can find,
I want to be who I can be,
Leave no regrets behind.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Dear Elizabeth:
All of us have doubt in our lives. We all have to ask if we are doing is the right thing. I am always stuck in the middle of things, and I have to force myself to stop and smell the flowers from time to time. It is clear that you have great potential just by looking at your writing. I two question my own existence and I am deeply interested in the work of Rene Descartes. I hope that you continue to express yourself through your poetry, as it is a very constructive art form.

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Jon Pielaet

http://pielaetj.blogspot.com

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares