Monday, September 20, 2004

Live and Let Go

I've learned throughout the years that I can't expect everything to go perfectly. I can't expect that whatever happens, I'll be able to get my own way. I can't expect to get my own way all the time, or even "just" most of the time. I share this planet with other people, and I should be kind enough to actually share.
Expecting to get your own way all the time can really stress you out. I know. I've been there. I think the two big stresses in my life come from my procrastination and my expectations that I can get my own way more often than not. Both are bad, but the second is worse. Not only does it affect me and my stress level, it can also directly affect those around me, especially if I start making demands that I have no right to make.
It's one of the many bad habits I'm trying to fix. And I'm getting there. But I'm still not perfect. Never will be, either. So don't expect me to be, I'm merely human.
I have to slowly learn to let go of things. I've tried to take up an attitude of, "That was yesterday, this is today." It's helping. Slowly but surely, I'm learning to live on my own, instead of holding on to past wrongs and lists of things that people "should have done" but didn't.
These things take time, but I'm slowly getting there...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I'm full of good ideas and advice. At least in my opinion. I am fully convinced if I lived by my own advice I would live a long and happy life.
But "if" is a very big word. And I don't, really, I try my hardest, but in life it seems it's just oh so easy to trip and stumble and fall, and then there goes everything. Or so it seems.
But I will survive. One of these days, I'm going to apply my advice when I'm not feeling well and good and happy, and let's see what happens.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares