Friday, September 17, 2004

Lovely Friendship

Friends are what make this life worth living. I have the best friends in the world, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. They help me through the rough spots of life; they laugh and cry and make fools of themselves with me; they help me look beyond my own personal problems and into the bigger picture of life. Everything I am in this life I owe to God and my friends. Everything.
Some would probably say that admitting I wouldn't have made it this far without the love and care of my friends to be an admission of a weakness. I reply that my friends are my greatest strength. We are very close, and with their help I can look beyond my own life and see how everything fits together, how my difficulties are helping someone else, and how these problems now may become blessings later. I only hope that they can say the same about me.
If you love someone -- and I mean real love, not just "romance" or something like that, but real, honest-t0-goodness "I care, I want to help" love -- life can suddenly be worth living again. Instead of fretting about getting your work done or getting ahead or why-can't-life-be-easier, you can have someone to share life with. Someone to share joys and excitements, laughter and tears, silly stories, current events, and just about anything else...
I had a really rough summer, and if it hadn't been for the love and support of my friends -- the much anticipated visits from my boyfriend, the concerned phone calls of my roommate, the conversational emails from a friend who had similar problems -- I would have just gone crazy. I firmly believe that. I was practically living at my neighbor's house to get out of my own, and they helped me realize that things can be worked out over time, all you have to do is hang in there and keep trying.
That last paragraph doesn't do any of them justice. I can't describe everything the three of them have done, it's just too big for words. The story of the summer is a long one, and a difficult one. Certainly not a topic for this post. All I know is, Love is the key to happiness on Earth. Love for life, love for those around you, love for your friends, love for your enemies, love for people you don't know and have never met. Sometimes making someone else's life bearable is the key to bearing your own. And sometimes only a friend holds the key to awakening to the beauty that is life.
I thank the Lord he gave me my friends, because without them, and Him, I would be in serious trouble. Thank you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares