Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Would Do, Should Do, Have Not Done

I wrote that poem in High School, originally my Junior year, then edited for my Senior year to submit to a contest. The list of things in the poem actually existed, although they weren't all due the same week - that's actually a two week span, shoved into one to make my Humanities teacher feel guilty. (It worked).
Sometimes things seem entirely overwhelming. Right now that poem is just as true for me as it was those four years ago. The list itself has changed, but the magnitude and that feeling of helplessness in the face of menacing deadlines have remained the same. No one is ever free from a To Do List, it will haunt you and follow you everywhere.
Some day I want to escape from my To Do List, I want to be able to sit back and say,
Aha! My life is my own! You evil scraps of paper cannot take away my joy in life, my freedom to live and love and relax and have my own life! I will not allow a list of things I should do let me take any time away from the life that I want to live!
But alas, that's not today. Or even this week, for that matter. And so I must go. My To Do List awaits...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares