Thursday, May 15, 2014

Trials and Tribulations

Time marches on, and there's always something going on.  Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and sometimes we won't really know where it falls until much, much later.  Nonetheless, there's always something.

And today, of course, is no exception.  I received a long-awaited draft for a letter.  A draft I approved, a draft that will hopefully be sent as a finalized copy tomorrow, word for word and stamp by stamp what it is today.  And when that letter arrives at its destination, when that truth is spoken and read by its recipient...  Well, then another truth will be known.

I am already prepared for the outcome, of course.  At least, I am prepared for the immediate one.  I am certain that this will turn into a battle, and my responsibility in all of this will be to remain as steadfast and true to the truth as I can.  And by that, of course, I mean that I need to remove my emotional reactions to the fallout from my actual physical and recordable reactions.  I can write about how upset I am all I desire to write, but the truth of the matter is that the letter's recipient cannot witness any of this.

I have my support network, my friends as well as those that are being paid to assist me through this journey.  I can rely on them and vent to them and follow their judgement - because it will be calmer than mine at times and I will need to know what needs to be done.

I am strong, and I will get through this, and I will be okay.  At the end of the day, what is meant to happen will happen and justice will be served one way or another.  I simply need to keep my head up and my eyes forward and keep on keeping on through this ordeal.

I am merely standing up for myself, and I am only speaking the truth.  As long as these two statements remain true, I will be fine, come what may.

Let the arrows fly.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares