Thursday, September 02, 2004

"Machine..."

That quote is actually from the top of a musical piece called "Machine" that I played in my high school band my Sophomore year. It's always stuck in my head...
Sometimes I think that's how life is. Inflexible, brutal, precise, just waiting for me to make a mistake and stumble so it can roll over me. Survival of the fittest, trampling of those unprepared to deal with the steamroller that is life. Life sometimes just seems really unforgiving, and even almost hateful, spiteful, and mean.
Am I the only one who feels like this? Am I the only one where sometimes it feels like the world in general is out to get me, in a mad quest for my head on a silver platter?
I know not everyone is after me, I have a few close friends who aren't after my blood. But as for the rest of the world, I cannot tell sometimes... Sometimes it seems like everything that can go wrong has, and nothing that could have been worked out in the end is actually resolved. Sometimes it just seems like my only purpose here is to mess up, and to meet the angry gazes of the rest of the world with empty hands and disappointed dreams. What am I doing wrong? Why does the world hate me?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can the world hate you?...I think you write in an interesting way:)
I learn English and I chose your blog to translate...may I? :0)
Justyna from Poland

4:11 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Of course, feel free. Thank you.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares