Wednesday, September 01, 2004

My Own Little World

Did you ever wish that you could cease to exist as you do now? Live in your own little world, safe from all the trials of this one, and free to explore my own thoughts and desires and determine what I want to get out of life, and what I want to put into it.
One of the ways I escape is through my poetry. If I explore how I feel about the world, for a brief few minutes I can be the detached observer instead of actually living in the thick of things. Another way is through books. I love to read, you can travel to distant countries or galaxies or times, even. I can fly out of these chains that bind me to the earth and exist somewhere else, in the pages of a book. I also daydream an awful lot. I have my own little world, rather complex, and completely different than here. I can do adventurous things I'd never have the chance to do except in my head. I can travel, I can be someone important, I can make a difference in someone's life. And I can be loved.
I also love to write. It's an escape for me. I take my imaginary world, and I put it on paper. Somehow that makes it slightly more real, for me. Not so real as to actually exist, but real enough that now events are almost set in stone, almost as if I'm writing a history of the world and what's happened in it. It's a new place to live, and a new chance to do important things. A new chance at being who I want to be, doing what I want to do, living how I want to live...
...Even if, when it's all said and done, it's only a slip of paper. At least, for a brief moment, I had a chance...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares