Tuesday, August 31, 2004

The Rebellion Begins!

I firmly believe that a little rebellion is a good thing. Not the "anarchy" type of rebellion, but the "I want answers" type. I think that if everyone learned to question the rules and ask why, with a sincere quest for the answer, a lot of the problems we have in the world today would cease to exist. We need to learn to question things so that we can understand them. Only by realizing why things are the way they are can we hope to truly accomplish what we set out to do in this life.
I'm always looking for answers. I ask a lot of questions. I can't help but wonder why things are the way they are. Why do we live the way we do, do the things we do, say the things we say, believe the things we believe? Why do we hold so firmly to these beliefs and convictions? Are they because we believe them to be true? Or because we believe them to be true? And why are we so reluctant to let go of things and ideas, even if someone can prove conclusively that the new way is better?
It's one of the mysteries of the Universe, I suppose. One that I am determined to solve.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares