Thursday, October 21, 2004

Mistakes and Responsibilities

Nobody's perfect. I certainly don't pretend to be, I know I've made more than my fair share of mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes, to err is human.
The hard part comes when you make a mistake. Do you pretend it never happened, and just walk away? Do you admit your mistakes? Do you blame them on someone else? Do you take the time to learn from the mistake, or do you spend your time running from it?
I know I've done all of those. I know I make mistakes. That doesn't mean I have to like it when I do. But the one thing is that the sooner you decide to confess your mistakes, the sooner you can move on. It's a load off your mind, a weight off your chest. You can stop running from it, and learn to live with it and learn from it. But admitting mistakes is hard. I know I'm merely human, I know I make mistakes, but somehow admitting that I really do make mistakes is hard, and I hate it. I don't want to admit my fallibility.
But if I admit that I am wrong occasionally, suddenly I don't have the pressure of maintaining the facade of being perfect anymore. I can breathe, and live my own life. And I guess that's worth the inconvenience. Who can you be if not yourself?
Now if you'll excuse me, I have some mistakes to go correct.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares