Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Overpowered, Overwhelmed

Sometimes I think there's just way too much going on in my life right now. I'm so busy trying to live that I'm barely surviving. There's always at least one more thing that needs doing, one more trial lurking over the horizon, one more thing to do when I finally finish the one I'm on.
When will it all end?
Hopefully it will end when the semester comes to an end. Working, at least as far as internships are concerned, is a lot less stressful than school. You may have a lot of stuff to do, but they never gave me homework at my jobs. Plus you get paid -- money will make people eagerly do lots of things they ordinarily wouldn't do. Have you ever noticed that? Ask someone to do something and, if they say no, offer them money. Unless they're genuinely stressed out or your request is something they personally do not agree in, you have a large chance of them saying "yes." Sometimes you have a good chance even if one or both of those conditions are true. Isn't it amazing what people will do for money?
Sigh.
I fall into those categories sometimes. Sadly. Most people, I think, will come to a point where they really want a monetary reward and they'll do whatever it takes to get it. Money rules our lives sometimes, or at least it appears that way. Have we fallen this low? How much do we "need" money, anyway? If you pay me enough, maybe I'll do some research and find out...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares