Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Slipping Away

Still in a tailspin, trying to catch air. And not really succeeding at the moment, but hopefully soon I'll recover, right myself, and head along on my merry little way.
The best thing to do when faced with a situation where you feel you can't continue is to stop thinking about it and just force yourself to put one step in front of the other. Stopping to think about things is good once in awhile, but if you're doing something you really should do, and you stop to think, sometimes you'll end up just not doing it. Because you talk yourself out of it. I know I can be like that sometimes. Right now, in fact, I am like that. "What's the point, I worked so hard this weekend and it seems like it was for nothing, why did I even bother? What am I doing here? How can I survive?"
Just one foot in front of the other. One foot at a time. Sometimes that's all you can do. Sometimes that's all you have to do, at least as far as survival until you come back to your wits is concerned.
One foot in front of the other. One step at a time.
That's my life this week. One day at a time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares