Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Something I frequently have difficulty with is remembering that no matter how hard life gets, I'm very blessed to be where I am. I may not like my classes this semester but I'm lucky to be in a position that allows me to attend college in a major that I really do love, when it all comes down to it. I may not always get along with my family, but at least I have one. My life may not be perfect but I'm still alive, I have a chance to live and breathe and walk upon this earth.
I may feel alone but my friends are always here, and usually worrying about me. Especially Thong, he loves me so much it's mind-boggling. Through all the ups and downs we've been through, I still don't know what I'd do without him. Thong, Tess, and Adric have always been there to catch me when I stumble and talk me into trying again when I don't think I can walk another step. The friends I've made through writing here have helped to cheer me up on many a sad day. I am not alone.
My life is not perfect, but I can't expect it to be. I have had more than enough blessings in my life for one person. I just have to learn to realize it, and give my blessings the attentions they deserve.
When it all comes down to the bottom line I finally realize, I love my life. Not because it's my life, but because of everything and everyone that's in it. Thanks to all of you who have helped me along the way, I only hope that I can repay all the kindness you have shown me.
Happy Thanksgiving to all, because no matter where you live, what country, what timezone, it's always good to have a day to remember what you're thankful for. This is a thank you to my college friends and high school friends, to my American friends and my Worldwide friends. I don't care if English is your second language or if you've never tasted turkey before, the American Thanksgiving is not so much a national holiday as it is a day to count your blessings. And that's a reminder everyone needs. Everyone needs at least one day a year to look back and realize just how lucky we are to be alive, here and now, living our lives on this spinning globe and being given an opportunity, day by day, to actually make a difference in the world.
Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Blessings! Happy Life!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Fitzpatrick said...

I just wanted to say that I saved this entire entry for future reference. Thanks!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Me said...

You're welcome. I'm glad you liked it.
Sadly, sometimes it takes me a holiday such as Thanksgiving to sit back and really think about how lucky I am...

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares