Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Perfectly Acceptable

I hope that's not a secret to anyone. I know I'm not perfect. I don't claim to be. I am who I am and if you don't like that, go read someone else's blog and leave mine alone.
Perfection doesn't exist, and yet so often in life people expect me to be perfect. Why do I have to be perfect? What's in it for me? Nothing. Zilch. Zip. Nada. In fact, it might actually be a very good way to lose friends, because quite honestly would you hang out with someone who was perfect? The imperfections in life are what make people unique. It's the little differences that make living worthwhile.
I have decided that I am going to be me. I am going to be who I am, at whatever risk that entails. I shall stand up for my own beliefs. I refuse to buckle to the whims of society. I AM ME!
And as hard as that may be sometimes, I intend to stick by that.
I know I have my faults. I find my failures perfectly acceptable, or at least I strive to treat them as such. I shall fight to maintain my own identity, and I will fight to the death anyone who dares deny me my right to be me. I find perfection unacceptable. Perfection leads to dissatisfaction in the world. If everyone had exactly what they wanted nothing would ever change. And no one can have exactly what they want, anyway, because everyone wants different things. All our lives are intertwined and one cannot change without changing the other lives it touches. One small life can change the world, it's a fact that I firmly believe. I won't say it will work quickly, but given the time and the energy one small change can change the face of this sadly spinning planet.
I will be me. I will maintain my own identity. And I will use it to make a positive difference. I will leave this place a better place for me having lived here. But most importantly...
I will be me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares