Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Live to Fight Another Day

Things have been hectic around here, with Finals and assignments and lists of things that need done before the end of the semester. Everyone wants something, preferrably with a piece of my sanity to go along with it. Things are tough sometimes.
Still, I'm surviving, and one of the things that's helping me survive is the fact that my "You know what? I don't really care anymore" mentality has kicked in. Not that I don't try when it kicks in, I just emotionally detach myself from the work and the concerns about grades. It doesn't matter. I do what I can, and the rest either falls into place or it doesn't. It's outside of my hands.
Not sure if it's the best mentality to have, but when you've got a major project in every single class due the same week (some of them on the same day!) something's going to give. I'd rather it be my concern for grades than my sanity.

"That's all I can get done today. Let's try again tomorrow, see what happens."

I have come to accept that I can only do so much, and the rest is outside of my control. I do what I can, but I'm not going to drive myself insane trying to do everything. That's just not practical.
I want to live to fight another day. And I want my sanity to come with me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares