Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Oh the Places You'll Go...

...the possibilities are endless.

The Seniors on campus here are preparing for graduation, preparing to face the world, and I can't help but wonder if they're scared at the prospect. I know I would be. All my life I've been in school mainly, working summers but always leaving to go back to school. The idea of leaving school and getting a real job seems almost terrifying to me.
I'm not going to have to worry about that next year. I'm going to grad school.

Then I start to think, though. I've managed to have some really cool jobs over the summer in the past, internships working at construction companies and various other jobs, and I've always been able to find something. Yes, my parents helped a lot. No, they weren't exactly what I had hoped to do for the rest of my life. But you know what? I did enjoy them, if not for the job, at least for the experience, and the people there.
Maybe growing up won't be so hard. Maybe I, too, could survive in the world.
You never know until you try, so I guess I just have to stop selling myself short. I can do this, I know I can, I will do my best and I will do things as well as I am able, and I, too, will be able to succeed and survive.

Life is what you make of it, I suppose. I want to make it the best I can.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares