Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Humanity

Nowadays, everybody has to be perfect. There's no understanding if you make a mistake, just condemnation. Everybody has to be right all the time, there all the time, completely in control one hundred percent of the time. No mercy.

That may not be entirely true, but it's close enough to what I feel sometimes. Where did human decency and understanding go? Maybe they left with computer programs and crunched deadlines and multimillion dollar business deals. Maybe they left just because someone in charge decided they weren't important anymore. Maybe they left because they didn't feel appreciated enough in Society. Maybe they left because nowadays, at least in Society's eyes, each person is more important than his fellow man, so what's the point in being nice to your fellow man? Maybe they just left to see if anybody noticed. Maybe not many people have.
We need to figure out where we're going. And then we need to decide if that's somewhere we want to go. And if not, we need to make some serious changes, people.
Serious changes.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger mlejane said...

"there is no condemnation to those who are in transformation."

this is just something that i have begun to learn to live by. thought you might enjoy hearing it.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Yes, thank you! I like that...
I'll most definitely keep it in mind. =)

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

As always, I love reading your blog. Perfection....what an unattainable goal. People seeking perfection stop living, in my opinion.

You said it all wonderfully.

Rory

1:13 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Thank you, Rory. That means a lot to me.
I used to tell people that perfection is not a destination, it's a lifelong journey. I'll never get there, but I'm getting there.
Meaning no one can be perfect, you can only do your best in the situations life throws at you. And my little saying was more of a reminder to me than anything else.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares