Saturday, November 13, 2004

Opportunities

Taking chances, making choices, they're all a part of life. Too often people, myself included, will try to sit back and avoid making any decisions in life. In my case sometimes I just don't want to think at all, and I know that's not healthy and I try to stop but I can't. I end up just sitting, waiting for something to happen, asking "Why me?" -- and thus nothing gets done. Which of course sends me into an even worse mood, because I really know I should do something but I just can't bring myself to do it.
Sitting around asking "Why?" is not how things get done. Nobody has the right to expect things to be done, but not do anything themselves. Life is all about participation, and dropping out of participation does not give anyone the right to make demands. Not even me. Nobody. There are too many double standards in this world, and it's time to pull some of them down.
Which means, I suppose, that I should really stop procrastinating and trying to avoid making decisions and actually do something productive for a change. No sense in building another double standard.
Productivity, here I come!
(Maybe.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares